Payroll Administration Assistant
6 month contract
Based in Brighton (parking available)
£18,000 per annum plus further benefits
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Payroll Administration Assistant to join a well-known company in the Brighton area on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Your duties will include:
- Administration of starters for the payroll including input to the payroll system, entering personal details and bank details, and dealing with starter tax documentation
- Batch entry of payment claims into the payroll ensuring that documentation is complete and that there is proper authorisation for the payment including funding, and determining whether dispensations apply
- Batch entry of temporary adjustments to pay on the main monthly payroll e.g overtime claims, Fee Claims and bonus payments
- Providing a reception service for payroll; greeting visitors and dealing with general payroll enquiries
- Liaising with Fees employees on matters of Income Tax and National Insurance and dealing with queries about Fees payments
- General administrative duties including filing and opening the post
- Other ad-hoc duties as they arise, e.g. sorting and distributing the Fees payslips, issuing P45s for Fees leavers, assisting with sending out bulk correspondence to staff, archiving old payroll files and information etc
- Experience of being in a similar role would be desirable or administrative experience
- Knowledge of Tax and NI calculations and Statutory Payments such as SSP and SMP regulations
You will be joining a developed Payroll team where you will have the opportunity to progress and develop your skill set.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.