Payroll and Accounts Assistant
Maternity Cover 12 Months
£20 - 23k Dependant on experience
Prism 7 Recruitment are looking to recruit a full time PAYROLL & ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT for our clients Hotel based in Hadley Wood, this is a Maternity cover for 12 months with a possibility that it may become permanent.
This hotel group is proud to be a customer focused, independent family run company since 1769. It consists of two very diverse, individual hotels. Both combine stylish interiors, luxury finishes and home-from-home comforts, to provide award winning stays in the beautiful south of England.
The role of the Payroll & Accounts Assistant will be to join the Head Office Team, who are based in the grounds of the hotel in Hadley Wood, Herts. As a Payroll & Accounts Assistant your responsibilities will be operating payroll, purchase ledger and accounts for both hotels.
- Daily activities relating to running of company in-house Payroll including: inputting calculation of payments and adjustments to salary etc.
- Recording, calculation and payments/deductions relating to holidays and sickness, incl. SSP
- Making monthly salary payments and payslip production
- Updating and posting Journals
- Dealing with visas and work permits etc.
- Daily/weekly Purchase Ledger activities, incl. Invoice collating and coding, inputting and making payments via BACS / CHAPS / Cheque etc.
- Creating and maintaining Payroll, Personnel and Accounts records using various databases/systems etc. incl. Opera 3 accounts system and extensive Excel work.
- Daily liaison (verbal and written) with various levels of staff, including Accounts Manager/Officer, HR Coordinator, Hotel Management and staff in order to obtain information, resolve queries etc.
- Daily communication (verbal and written) with various 3rd parties incl. Inland Revenue and hotel Suppliers
- Provide relevant and timely reports as required by company management
- Provide financial and statistical information as required
- Produce analysed salary cost analysis for distribution to General Managers and Finance Director to be checked prior to salaries being processed for payment
- Ensure that paperwork is timely, relevant and achieves deadlines set by company management
- Ensuring that the payroll is being operated to current legislative requirements and positively promoting company documentation
- Monitor information provided by other departments to ensure suitability for accounts department
- Provide an operational framework within the department that will ensure relevant deadlines are achieved
- To maintain knowledge of current legislation affecting accounts officer role and ensuring that it is employed within the workplace
- Support and deputise for the Accounts Officer/Accounts Manager, as required
- Some credit control duties incl. chasing up payments and resolving queries.
- Maintain awareness of current trends within the payroll and accounts areas and communicate non-compliant areas to the Accounts Manager for further action
- General Payroll and accounts administration duties, incl. filing and photocopying/scanning.
- Commitment to attend and participate in all relevant training and development offered by the company and ensure a diligent approach to all Health & Safety obligations etc.
Experience, Skills & Attributes
Candidates should possess the relevant qualifications, experience and skills to operate a busy accounts office with daily deadlines, including:
- Current up-to-date knowledge of running in-house Payroll on a day-to-day basis
- Experience of Purchase Ledger required
- Coding, inputting and making payments essential
- A financial understanding of company P&Ls and budgets and a determination to exceed all financial goals essential
- Experience of Credit Control would be advantageous
- Excellent level of IT skills, incl. Excel to Intermediate level and good knowledge of Word.
- Up to date knowledge through regular/daily use of an Accounts/Payroll system (ideally Opera 3 or similar) is essential
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, mainly unsupervised and prioritising own workload
- Good interpersonal skills, with proven experience of building and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of staff and relevant 3rd parties, e.g. Inland Revenue, Suppliers etc.
- Good level of communication skills (written and verbal) and high numeracy skills are essential
- Flexible, adaptable and highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Pro-active approach to work, good team worker with a professional and can-do-attitude.
- Reliable, trustworthy with good timekeeping and ability to adhere to highest levels of confidentiality.
This is a full time position, working 5 days per week, Monday to Friday at Head Office. Some flexibility with working hours may be considered for the appropriate candidate (if in line with business needs), however the core hours of between 10am and 3pm must be worked at Head Office each day.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work within a stunning environment and have the skills above then send your cv now to Aimee at Prism 7 Recruitment or call us now for an informal chat....
- Credit Control
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
- P&L Responsibility