Financial Accountant required by a business based in Guildford, reporting to the Compliance and Accounting Services Manager, accountabilities of the role include:
- Manage the payroll interface process and reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts, liaising with HR as necessary.
- Raise payment requests for pension payments and other payroll deductions.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations (both preparation of some reconciliations and review of reconciliations prepared by others)
- Oversee PSA (PAYE Settlement Agreement) work performed by overseas shared service center.
- Prep of employee costs data for Group Reporting and Calculation of Long Term Incentive accruals (FRS20).
- Oversee shared service center management of the Concur expenses process, to include acting as the point of contact with Citi Card.
- Act as Finance Business Partner for the following corporate functions: HR, Legal, Finance. Providing advice and support as required including month end close and budgets/ latest estimates.
- Ensuring insurance invoices are paid and recharged to the various UK accounting units and that calculating budget recharge values.
- Sundry sales review and approval (in accordance with authority matrix limits)
- Preparation of the notes to the statutory accounts for employee costs and employee numbers.
- Assisting the Compliance and Accounting Services Manager in testing the performance of internal controls.
- Other ad hoc finance duties
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant or part qualified or qualified by experience and have experience of payroll accounting.
- Payroll Accountant