Our client within the Charity Sector is looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Account Manager within their payroll department.
To provide an efficient, effective and proactive account service to a set of identified customers, ensuring high quality and consistent customer service, the building of proactive stakeholder relationships with customers, PA’s, agencies and social workers.
Responsibilities of Job:
- To undertake proactive and efficient account management of all allocated customer accounts, ensuring:
- Contractual obligations are being met
- All payments are checked against the support plan, or according to correct process
- Proactively escalating issues to the local authority, including seeking authorisation to make payments, informing them of an overspend in good time, and escalating where a payroll/payment has been stopped or reduced
- Proactively communicating with the customer to inform them of any issues on the account, including risk of going into deficit, overspending and unauthorised payment requests
- General proactive contact via email, telephone and face to face where appropriate to ensure timely and clear communication
- Investigating queries and issues, including non-payment of invoices, and liasing with self-employed PA and agencies where necessary
- Setting-up of new accounts (adding any notes to Sage) and new PAs, including HMRC registrations
- Liaison with the relevant Payroll Processor to ensure payroll check lists are kept up to date
- To proportionally monitor all accounts to enable early identification of unusual patterns and addressing (or escalating) in a timely manner
- Make amendments to ceased and deceased client records, proactively liaising with the local authority to correctly close the account in an efficient manner and updating Client Funds team.
- To undertake the batching process for allocated payrolls, including submissions of RTI to HMRC
- To undertake the reconciliation of payrolls including completing associated Account Manager journals
- Raising manual payments in line with company policy including all necessary documentation, updating the payments spreadsheet, and ensuring any related HMRC submission is completed
- To provide account data to inform payment services reporting requirements
- Where safeguarding concerns are identified to escalate accordingly in line with company policy
- To liaise with internal colleagues as required to ensure seamless support to clients where they have more than one service.
- This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties
- Experience of working in a busy payroll environment
- Technical understanding of payroll, including end to end processing and manual calculations
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service through a range of mediums including face to face, telephone and email
- Commitment to taking a payroll-related qualification and to continuous professional development
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent administrative skills with an ability to organise a wide range of information
- Willingness to proactively seek resolutions to issues, communicating with customers, suppliers and commissioners where necessary
- An ability to use initiative to problem solve issues and to escalate in a timely manner where required
- An eye for detail and a 'get it right first time’ attitude
- Empathy and understanding of customer situation and needs
- An ability to self-organise workload to meet fixed deadlines
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft applications, familiarity with payroll packages
- CIPP, or equivalent, payroll technician qualification
- Knowledge of Sageline 50, Payrite software and using a CRM
- Knowledge of the health and social care sector, and specifically personal budgets and personal health budgets
- Corporate Finance
- Sage Line
- Payroll Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'