FEXCO is a leading provider of foreign exchange services in the UK and Ireland. We operate in over 100 own stores; over 450 agent stores; and employ over 500 people in the UK. We are travel money specialists established in 1996 and provide a complete foreign exchange service.
The Payments Officer is accountable for processing customer transactions for both Fastcash Money Transfers and Worldwide Swift Transfers. Fastcash is the undisputed leader in money transfers to Sri Lanka and is patronized by a large Sri Lankan customer base based in the UK. Fastcash executes hundreds of remittances on a daily basis to more than 120 countries around the world, with a particular emphasis on the Asian Sub-Continent, including major markets such as India and Sri Lanka. The award winning service has become synonymous with swift and reliable money transfers and is utilized by thousands of UK-based customers to send money to friends and loved around the world in a safe and secure manner.
As a key member of the payments team, reporting to the head of payments, the position includes the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily payment transactions processing (fund in/out)
- Ensuring all payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner, complying with all Procedures
- Responsible for new account opening and customer due diligence and ensure AML due diligence checks are carried out in accordance with policy and procedures
- Responsible for payment reconciliation & confirmation activity
- Achieving and where possible team sales and service targets
- Ensuring telephone calls are answered in a prompt, polite and professional manner
- Undertake marketing initiatives, to promote the business and increase brand awareness
- Handle all back office duties related to payment services
- Daily Monitoring of bank accounts and end of day balancing
- Recordkeeping - maintaining of adequate record of all compliance activity
- Investigate and report suspicious activity, where needed, to the MLRO
- Adhering to all Company Policies including Health and Safety, AML and Security
- Ad hoc duties and project work as required
- Flexible, collaborative team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and sound business acumen
- Effective communication and writing skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, gain co-operation, trust and build open and honest relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- Good working knowledge of relevant compliance obligations
- Ability to exercise good judgment and successfully prioritise a varied and demanding workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in Sinhala or Tamil will be an added advantage.
- Bank Accounts
- Customer Service
- Foreign Exchange
- Money Transfers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'