DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in ensuring that all forms of supplier payments are accurately and promptly processed, dealing with invoice related queries from both internal departments and external suppliers in a professional manner.
- To exercise the necessary levels of verification and controls prior to processing supplier payments, including scanning invoices, checking purchase orders and verifying specimen signatures where appropriate.
- To assist in the maintenance of the creditors system, including the insertion and amendment of accounts - working in close liaison with the relevant procurement team.
- To assist daily in the process of amendments and alterations to existing data on all cheque and electronic payments.
- To follow all procedures to produce and despatch manual cheques and to input and balance all invoices relating to these payments.
- To check and process the reimbursement of petty cash imprests.
- To receive and process all enquires ensuring that they are dealt with appropriately, producing information and documentation as and when requested.
- To assist in the processing of all payments.
- To maintain a detailed understanding and knowledge of all payments systems and procedures.
- To assist in the improvement of payment processes.
- To liaise and correspond with internal and external clients as necessary, resolving difficult and often complex queries both face to face and via the telephone.
- To adhere to the organisation's performance objectives and quality standards established for payment processing.
- To undertake appropriate job related training across a broad range of functions including electronic ordering, scanning and the processing and payment of invoices.
- To provide support to project staff members as appropriate throughout the modernisation of financial processes and systems.
- To assist in advising suppliers on improvements to payment methods.
- To undertake supplier reconciliations.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post.
Ability to use the keyboard accurately and at a fast pace
Computer literate - financial systems, office software Windows, Word and Excel
Experience of payment processes and systems
Good good oral and written communication skills
Good knowledge of Local Authority or similar creditor payment systems and petty cash procedures