Payment Support Analyst
Our journey and vision…
We are a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, we launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years we have helped our customers waste less energy through the use of advancing technology, giving insight into individual usage and greater control.
Here at First Utility we aim to provide a fresh approach to multi-utilities. Our goals are simple. We want to make the running of your home (managing energy, broadband and home-services) straightforward, painless and great value for money, for everyone
Your part in our Journey
This role is an opportunity to join an expanding and fast paced Credit Management Department playing an integral part in our operational strategy to work with specific customer groups to resolve ongoing issues resulting in an overdue balance. Looking after accounts for collection/resolution to mitigate customer impacts and business/commercial impacts. The main focus will be on those accounts which have been identified as needing special assistance in order to resolve a Credit Management related issue. Normally customers requiring this assistance would be registered on the PSR, in severe financial difficulty or are showing signs of not being able to keep up with payments towards their products / services. There is a real opportunity in this role to make a change to customers circumstances alongside reducing debt risk in the business.
Your part in our team
You will be responsible for any number of the below activities:-
- Outbound / inbound contact with customers via a number of communication channels
- Obtaining relevant information from the customer to accurately assess their ability to pay
- Ensuring our customers are paying the right amount to reduce the risk of arrears build up on the account
- Taking payments from customers / setting up new payment methods like Direct Debit to enable a customer to pay in a timely manner
- Liasing with other business areas for resolution and collections support
What you'll need to make the most of the role
- A demonstrable customer centric attitude
- Attention to detail, problem solving and direct customer facing experience
- Previous experience speaking to customers and having an assertive conversation regarding the arrears on their account
- Ability to make decisions and copes well under pressure
- Self-motivated and can work unsupervised
- Desire to take ownership of issues and go the extra mile
What will you get in return?
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Maternity and paternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Staff tariffs
- First perks benefit portal with exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, (and the opportunity to buy 3 extra holiday days a year)
- Quarterly away days
- 'Fruity Fridays’
- Flexible working
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'