My client is an international wholesale bank, who are experts in International Trade, with over 40 years experience. They are looking for a Payment Clerk/Senior Clerk to join their Banking Services department.
Applicants must have strong knowledge and capability of SWIFT, as well as experience with RMA.
- Someone who provides a high-quality operations and customer services support to the Bank’s customers, counter parties, internal departments and the Bank’s electronic and account management services
- Supports and undertakes a processing and checking function in respect of the department’s workflows, including SWIFT messages, general banking duties and related payment instructions
Key Work Outputs and Accountabilities
- Ensuring that queried items are processed accurately within the agreed service level agreements alongside the necessary and timely update of relevant databases
- Involved with the day to day operation of the banks communications mechanisms such as SWIFT, facsmile, email, ect.
- Validating and providing authentication when necessary, delivering SWIFT, facsmile as required, RMA, ect.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of customer accounts, including any applicable client account maintenance
- Distribution of statements and capitalisation reports to customers and other departments
- Reconciling NOSTRO reports in accordance with procedures
- Providing a customer support service ensuring that queries are fully resolved within the agreed time scales, protecting the Bank’s position at all times
- Operating the cash desk ensuring all payments/receipts are authorised, KYC requirements are met, customer and Bank signature books are held securely, audit confirmation requests are timely and customer cheque book issuance is correctly authorised
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Producing management information and statistics, ensuring the integrity of the bank’s data
- Checking and reconciling the accuracy of all daily and periodic output reports
- Ensuring that procedure and training manuals are kept up-to-date and reflect current processes and system capabilities
- Recording and processing payments, ensuring efficient approval of work in line with agreed timescales and their guidelines
- Ensure that all payment requests are dealt with correctly and efficiently in line with the currency cut off times and agreed service level agreements
- Control and support the internet banking system for the Bank’s client accounts
- Where relevant, notifying appropriate departments, beneficiaries and other Banks payment details/information, ensuring value date and exchange rate requirements are actioned
Require Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge of banking systems and applications
- Strong working knowledge of SWIFT, MIDAS (or similar), NOSTRO, ect
- Payments experience
- Investigation experience
- Understanding of banking practices and has the ability to analyse data for investigative purposes
- Good communication skills with the ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Nostro Reconciliation
- SWIFT payments