Payables & COOM Team Manager
Job Title - Accounts Payable Team Manager
Location - Manchester Square One
Rates per day - £175.75 UMB/LTD or £154.40 PAYE per day
Contract Length - initially 6 months
In scope of IR35
About the role:
Network Rail are looking for an experienced manager/team leader to be responsible for managing the payables and Call of Order Management (COOM) team, within their Shared Service function. The team primarily focus on processing invoices, expenses and timesheets for 3rd party suppliers into Network financial systems in line with pre-agreed KPI's and SLA's, and in accordance with statutory, regulatory, contractual, customs & excise and group policy and regulations.
What you will do:
· Manage the Payables and COOM team. Cross train and maximise local resources so that incoming invoices are processed accurately and in line with pre-agreed SLA's.
· Introduce and maintain departmental metrics to allow the continuous review of the COOM process investigate bottlenecks and be cognisant of local and business controls ahead of releasing payments.
· Work with P2P colleagues to reduce end to end cycle times in order to achieve contractual terms consistently.
· Work with external stakeholders to reduce duplicates and internal rework via education and training.
· Operate within the pre-agreed payables and COOM control framework; embedding a control mind set amongst employees. Continually reviewing the framework for adherence, where gaps are identified take personal ownership to define, socialise and embed improvements. Work with all parties to reduce risk and the cost of control.
· Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders, define and embed a customer centric culture where all team members consider the impact on customers and their future requirements.
· Support the Network Rail better day every day initiative by overseeing the adoption of weekly focus initiatives, coaching and empowering team members to innovate existing processes to drive continuous improvement in the department and wider organisation.
· Drive an inclusive culture where individuals can be themselves and are free to challenge existing process without discouragement. Encourage a culture of operational responsibility where individuals take personal ownership for delivery
· Represent the team within the Network Rail Shared Services people forum, developing peer group people initiatives, consistency in the application of people policies and improvement in centre wide engagement levels.
· Manage the payables and COOM team by maximising individual employee performance. Set, monitor and assess individuals against SMART objectives to drive employee and team performance. Support team member development through regular coaching and balanced feedback; encouraging team members to have a training and career development plan.
Your experience will include:
· Accounts Payable experience
· Strong people management skills
· Excellent customer focus/engagement/stakeholder management skills
· Evidence of delivering continuous improvement cultures with sustained process and system improvement
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to multi-task
· External shared service centre experience
· ORACLE eBusiness Suite experience
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'