Salary: £17,063 plus 5%
Working as part of the Pay and Resourcing team you will be responsible for transactional work for a number of our Government clients. Transactional work will include, but is not limited to: Processing internal moves, registering candidates on to our recruitment system, checking right to work documentation, creating employee ID numbers, managing the Visa process and supporting the offshore teams with complex queries.
At SSCL, we are passionate about providing the best service to our end client, for this reason we are looking for a forward thinking, innovative individuals who can contribute to our continuing service improvement.
This opportunity offers on the job training and a chance to expand your knowledge of all the above transactional services.
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output
- Resolve queries and escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group) and log if appropriate
- Liaise with internal/external clients.
- Print/post data/reports/invoices daily.
- Maintain records for audit purposes.
- Confident in processing a high volume of transactions while maintaining high level of accuracy at all times.
- Ability to use spreadsheet
- Able to work in a team or other structured environment
- Articulate and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to navigate around and understand use of relevant systems
e.g. Oracle/SOPIdeally brief (taken from VMP / internal spec)
You will be required to pass a Disclosure Scotland
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Shared Services Connected Limited is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.