Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service both face to face and over the phone? If so we have an exciting opportunity to join our hospital in Wakefield as a Patient Coordinator/Medical Receptionist on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- To ensure that all visitors and telephone callers to the practice are greeted professionally
- Effective team worker
- Registering new patients
- Scanning of documents onto medical system
- To send letters to patients as necessary
- Photocopying of notes and other information
- Ensure the entrance and reception area are always pristine and welcoming and conveying the appropriate image.
- Making appointments via the computerised system
- Dealing with all telephone call queries/requests and acting as liaison with consultants as necessary
- Maintaining and encouraging adequate security measures, ensuring all clinical rooms are locked when not in use.
- Unlocking or locking up of surgery premises
For the position of Patient Coordinator we are looking for the following experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in a customer service environment.
Personal Requirements needed:
- A real self-starter
- Enthusiastic about learning new, specialist knowledge.
- Team-working skills
- Accepts responsibility for developing own knowledge and skills.
- Happy to participate in all mandatory training.
- Understand the necessity for confidentiality
- Full, clean driving license with the use of a car
The hours of work are:
37.5 hours per week worked over over 4 long days Mon to Fri on a rota basis with 7am the earliest start time and 18.30pm the latest.
A minimum of 1 Saturday in every month is required plus a willingness to support our Sheffield and other Yorkshire clinics should staff shortages occur.
- 20 days annual leave increasing by 1 for every years service completed
- Statutory pension provision
- Free on site parking
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team within this organisation. If this sounds appealing to you and you have the relevant experience, please apply now to be considered.
- General Administration
- Receptionist Duties