REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday Mon-Fri 8.00-6.30 (7.30pm finish on Monday)
Salary £3.50 with salary review every 3 months
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Make, amend and change all appointments for patients to see Doctor, Nurse and other clinical staff associated with the Practice
- Deal with all general enquiries
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Enter requests for home visits into the system, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
- Advice patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare requested prescriptions and manage the Practice process.
- Process incoming documents in line with the Practice process.
- Patient notes and correspondence:
Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen.
Ensure records are kept in good repair with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible.
- The above is not a complete and concise list of department duties and staff are expected to undertake any other additional duties requested by their manager appropriate to the position held.