Careers focused on people
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork
About the role
As an essential part of the Reception team you will provide an accurate and efficient service welcoming patients. Assisting with the managing appointments you will ensure the smooth running of the department whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
- To arrange consultant appointments for patients and to confirm such either by telephone or letter.
- To be multiskilled in the use of in-house computer applications providing flexibility within the role and possess the ability to investigate and resolve customer enquiries.
- To manage insurance documentation and requirements, patient accounts and payment collection.
- To rearrange appointments and clinic schedules as necessary due to cancellation by either patient or consultant.
- To deal with enquiries from patients, insurance companies and consultants in a courteous, timely and efficient manner. This may be by face to face meetings, telephone or letter and will require precise recording of the communications.
- To accurately maintain the departmental filing systems and carry out routine photocopying of required documentation.
- To practice and maintain a high standard of confidentiality at all times and exercise absolute discretion in the use of all patient/consultant and staff information.
- To liaise with medical/nursing staff on matters relating to clinical issues.
Who we're looking for
- Educated to at least Standard Grade or Equivalent.
- Keyboard/Computer skills.
- Customer Service experience with ability to cope with a busy telephone/clinic environment.
- Initiative, commitment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative with a flexible attitude towards working the hours required to meet the needs of the business.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.
- receptionist or customer service
"Office Assistant jobs in London"