ALBYN HOSPITAL – Patient Administrator
(31 hours per week / Maternity Leave Fixed Term Contract of 7 months)
Here at Albyn Hospital, Aberdeen we are looking for an administrator to join our team who shares BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of service for patients.
We have an opportunity for a Patient Administrator to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a PART time role for 31 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This postition is for a fixed term period of 7 Months only to cover Maternity Leave.
As part of the Patient Administration team Patient Administrators undertake various duties within different departments, such, as Reception, Theatre and Pre-assessment Administration, Ward Clerk, Patient Bookings, etc. Full training is always provided allowing you to gain more skills and experience.
This particular post will be primarily based within our Theatre Admin office which supports our Theatre department by ordering equipment, maintaining theatre schedules, invoicing, liaising with theatre equipment reps etc.
Working at BMI Albyn Hospital you will get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team in a calm and supportive environment and in return for your hard work and commitment you will receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including BMI Healthcare Scheme, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Basic financial awareness
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the smooth running of the patient administrative process throughout the patient journey. Ensure the BMI best practice process maps are followed, to provide an efficient, professional and standard service to all patients, visitors, consultants and staff. All patient queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Day to day management of the referrals from the Referral Management Centre, including triage and adherence to the 18 week Referral to Treatment within set timescales and management of SPOT contract patients
- Timely resolution to clinic change requests disseminating information to relevant colleagues and consultants
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
For more information please contact Diane Mowatt, Patient Administration Manager on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'