About the Facility
HCA Healthcare UK is part of the world’s largest private healthcare group and offers two unique facilities in the Manchester area.
We are seeking a Patient Administration Manager to join our team working across our of our state of the art sites based in Manchester.
The Wilmslow Hospital
An exclusive high street facility The Wilmslow Hospital is a pioneering diagnostic and day surgery facility, the only one of its kind in the Northwest. /
Manchester Institute of Health & Performance (MIHP)
On the east side of the city centre MIHP offers a wide range of services in sport injury and rehabilitation, to elite and amateur athletes. We also support the local healthcare community. /
The Patient Administration Manager is responsible to lead, direct, manage and develop all activities within the patient administration department in order to achieve an efficient regulated finance function and provide a first class level of service to all customers of the Hospital and Company in line with internal audit requirements.
Hours 37.5 hours/week
Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead the management and progressive development of high quality and customer responsive services offered by the Patient Administration Department to maximise revenue capture and contribute to achieving the Hospital’s Business Plan. This includes active contribution to the overall management of the hospital and its business.
- To manage the services efficiently and cost-effectively in a calm professional manner recognising the various changing needs of Consultants, staff and other users.
- To ensure registration of patients meets governing body requirements and the business objectives.
- To participate in setting the best standard of internal control within the activities carried out by the Patient Administration Department.
- To participate actively in intra Hospital working groups, representing the Hospital’s view and ensure effective communication of patient accounting and corporate goals to Hospital staff, both within and outside the Patient Administration Department.
- To participate actively in the management of relationships with consultants.
- To provide leadership and support to all members of staff regarding the Patient Accounts Department, it’s role and objectives within the business.
- To monitor, control and manage expenditure and to participate in the preparation of the department annual budget.
- To utilise effectively information technology
Skill & Experience
- Degree level education or Equivalent
- Further finance study / qualification desirable but not essential
- Detailed knowledge and experience of all processes within patient reservations and patient accounts.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of billing and charging procedures desirable not necessarily within a hospital environment
- Management / supervisory experience
- Ability to gain a detailed knowledge of Meditech
- Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Microsoft office)
- Financial and commercial understanding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'