BMI Duchy Hospital in Harrogate is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Patient Administration Manager to join their team of staff in the Patient Administration department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a Hospital environment or hotel services organisation
- Previous experience of training staff
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Customer focused
- Knowledge and experience of process management
- Financial awareness, including business planning and budgeting
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MS office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Motivated, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
Duties of this role include:
- To support the Director of Operations/ Operations Manager to manage the hospital administration support services in accordance with the standards required to achieve the Hospital’s objectives.
- To participate as an active member of the Hospital management team, including membership of all relevant hospital committees.
- To contribute to the strategic, operational and business development of the hospital.
- To provide leadership for all patient administration areas and medical secretaries, ensuring the provision of high quality and efficient services at all times.
- To maximise the financial performance whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery in accordance with the legal and professional standards.
- To work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Heads of Departments (HODs) to support efficient utilisation and allocation of consulting rooms, ward and theatre capacity.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.