An exciting opportunity has arisen for a flexible and motivated individual to join and support the Medical Day Case Unit, Bowel Cancer Screening Administration Team and the Endoscopy booking team at the Royal Derby Hospital on a permanent band 3 contract.
The hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Saturday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5.30 pm.
Anyone wishing to apply for this post must first ensure:
- An understanding of the 18-week RTT process and a knowledge of the Trust Patient Access Policy and an agreement to adhered to these policies according to National Trust Guidelines, as appropriate to role
- Good organisational skills with a flexible approach to workload.
- Plan and prioritise own daily workload to ensure that clinic deadlines are met and in the case of note preparation that adequate time has been allowed for the requesting and receipt of investigation/test results and reports.
- Good communications skills.
- To communicate routine information with members of the team, patients and carers.
- Responds to internal & external queries verbally and written
- Able to deal with patients/carers where there may be barriers to understanding e.g. Language, emotional difficulties.
- Effective liaison with the relevant wards and departments within the hospital and with patients and other health care providers associated with the Consultant
- You must have read the contents of the Job Description and feel confident that you are able to fulfil the requirements.
- You should be educated to a good standard of English to GCSE or equivalent and have an advanced level of IT literacy with experience of using a range of IT applications.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 18 September 2020
Interview date: 5 October 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sarah Jordan - Operational Coordinator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'