An opportunity has opened up to be part of the Pathology Logistics Team at a crucial time period.
The successful routine includes clearing clinical waste from all of the Pathology Laboratories (this includes bodily fluids and anatomical waste), making up packs for the wards and clearing Autoclave waste. There will also be goods in and goods out and customer service for the housekeepers and volunteers from the many departments around the hospital.
There will be a need to answer the phone and take orders from GP surgeries and also use the computer to check emails, order stock and print forms. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook is preferred; other job specific computer programmes will be shown to the successful applicant when training.
You will need to work closely with lab staff, courier drivers and ward staff on a daily basis.
The post holder will need to be physically fit as there is a large degree of manual handling and the odours from the clinical waste and autoclaves are unpleasant.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 29 September 2020
Interview date: 13 October 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'