As the Patent Analyst, you will be: -
- Searching patents in a technology area related to one of the company’s research projects and, together with the IP team, provide a Freedom to Operate (FTO) analysis
- Providing IP landscapes that are used to confirm or discover market opportunities for the company
- Performing novelty searches for company Invention Disclosures (IDs)
- Performing invalidity searches for targeted patents owned by third parties, including the company’s competitors
- Together with a Patent Attorney (PA), creating license-out opportunities, in particular helping to identify potential licensees based on analysis of the collected information
- Providing IP analysis in the early phase of company projects so to identify risks and opportunities (identifying so called ‘white spaces’ in patent landscapes) for the project
As the Patent Analyst, you must have at least one of the following technical backgrounds: -
- Experience as a Patent Analyst within an Intellectual Property organisation or,
- An MSc in Intellectual Property, coupled with a first degree in one of the following disciplines - Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering or,
- An MSc or PhD in one of the following disciplines - Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering, together with demonstrable experience of intellectual property matters, for example as a named inventor.
If you think the Patent Analyst role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply for the Patent Analyst, please use the apply now button or call Jason on .
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected we will be in contact and if not, we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies.
Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"