We are recruiting for a successful firm of patent and trade mark attorneys, this is an interesting place to work and the environment is that of a busy, successful small business. This firm’s professionals operate in a wide variety of technical disciplines including mechanical, biomedical, electrical and electronic engineering, with a varied list of clients and institutions.
Their staff are welcoming, engaged, supportive and highly productive. Hopefully you would find the work fulfilling and the atmosphere enjoyable as they do. The work will be varied as you would expect from a progressive private practice. They encourage people to develop their technical and legal interests.
A varied and challenging position for a Trainee or Experienced Patent Administrator.
They are expanding their Patents Department and require a Patent Administrator to work closely with the other Patent Administrators, in providing an efficient and excellent service to the ever growing clientele. This is a diverse role in a friendly and supportive working environment, and you will eventually be included in all aspects of patent administration, which is likely to include:
• Preparing documentation for submission at Patent Offices
• Dealing with incoming post and instructions from clients and associates and actioning accordingly
• Accurately entering and monitoring deadlines on our in-house record system
• Answering incoming calls and answering queries via email, and, over time, giving basic patent advice and guidance to clients
• Liaising with our Accounts Department and invoicing clients appropriately
• Basic legal secretarial work as required, including making appointments, reminding attorneys and Director of appointments, meeting and greeting clients and visitors to the building
Full training will be provided with the option of taking the CIPA Patent Administrator course in the future. However, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Experience in a patent or intellectual property department
• Proficient with computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite
• Keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multitask
• Previous experience in a customer-orientated environment or administrative role
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with ever-changing priorities
• Fast and accurate typing skills
• Able to deal courteously and efficiently with a wide-range of people in a legal environment
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Support Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'