Pastry Chef de Partie
Macdonald Pastry Chefs de Partie play a vital role in delivering a great guest experience to all our guests. They have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guest expectation. Often operating on the front line, they are the real ambassadors of our company, and are committed to consistently delivering high standards
Our Pastry Chefs de Partie are hardworking individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in our kitchen teams.
They will have previously worked in a 4* and/or Rosette environment, have a real creative flair and are our patisserie specialists. Using their existing experience they will be working closely with the kitchen and front of house team to deliver our core standards and provide our guests with a great stay every time.
This position will include shifts working Saturday and/ or Sunday. Additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods including bank holidays.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To support the kitchen operations.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do
- To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team
- To consistently deliver Macdonald core standards which are relevant to my role
- To maintain a safe and clean environment
- To take responsibility for understanding our products and services
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience
- To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others
- To give my full to support to company initiatives
- To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department
- To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience
- Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS)
- To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity
- Spot and act on every opportunity for sales
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting the pastry section showing diligent food hygiene and stock control.
- Shows good understanding of cooking techniques.
- Supporting senior chefs in menu planning and dish development.
- Set achievable tasks for junior members of the team which are measurable.
- To lead by example and set high standards for the team.
- Responsible for competently managing the day to day activities in a section.
- Supporting senior chefs with health and safety, food production and food safety.
- Developing and training of Commis Chef’s and apprentices.
- Take shared responsibility for HACCP report system in the kitchen.
- To clean and prepare food stuff’s in accordance with set procedures as directed by senior kitchen staff.
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of staff meals.
- To operate and clean equipment with due regard to safety.
- To adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Control of company stock and property, ensuring correct storage of food stuffs.
- Willingness to learn new cooking techniques and preparation styles.
- Show a full understanding of food care and the importance of waste management.
- To work hygienically at all times showing good fridge organisation
- To achieve a minimum basic food hygiene certificate.
- To understand local authority expectation
- To support head chef in the delivery of food cost targets.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Brand standard audits
- Health & Safety checks
- Guest feedback
- Mystery guest
- AA inspection outcome
- PSN audits
- EHO reports
"Office Assistant jobs in London"