Pastoral Mentor/Teaching Assistant required in Enfield
Your new School
This is an Ofsted rated 'Good' Secondary School located in the Enfield area of North London. You will be a part of the SEN & pastoral team and reporting to the SLT. This School is a 5 minute walk from an easily accessible underground tube station and there is also a car park for staff.
Your new role
This is a long term on going role, full time 8 hours a day.
You will be supervising and supporting individual and small groups of pupils undertaking focused learning activities. Contribute to the learning support in the Referral Base by assisting in planning, preparing appropriate resources, monitoring and supporting learning and collecting and recording pupil data.
Main Duties will be:
- Behaviour management
- Duties in referral and learning centre (inclusion). To set work for students in these areas (zero tolerance)
- To cover detention sessions where necessary
- Assisting pastoral team where incidents have occurred, this involves collating statements and relevant paperwork
- Assisting with uniform and punctuality issues - phone calls to parents where necessary
Any other pastoral duties
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will:
- Hold a Teaching Assistant Qualification NVQ or equivalent
- Have experience within behavioural needs and SEN
- Previous experience within an administrative role
You must have:
- Previous experience working within a School
- General office administration skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent standard of literacy and numeracy.
5 GCSE (A*-C) or equivalents
What you'll get in return
You will gain experience within a great School and be a part of a friendly supportive team. You will receive a competitive daily rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.