Our client is a mixed secondary school based in the heart of Newham with a Good rated Ofsted report, with outstanding features. The school has a strong senior leadership team who encourage a culture of listening to young people and making a difference.
Randstad Education work very closely with this school and are now supporting them in their search for a Pastoral Manager.
This is a temporary position due to commence ASAP and will initially be covering until mid February.
The key part of the role is to support in the following areas:-
* The role will be highly focused around the welfare and behaviour of the students
* Responsible for a House group within the school in respect of all behavioural issues.
* To lead on the development of a range of peer mentoring and anti bullying activities within the house.
* To support the work of tutors in liaison with the Head of House, to enable tutors to deliver the House Tutor Programme.
* To be the first point of contact on Child Protection (CP) issues within the House and manage a CP caseload under the guidance and supervision of the Child Protection Officer.
* To be the first point of contact for parents in relation to student behaviour and barriers to learning.
* To form strong relationships with parents and carers
* To regularly meet with families of students whose behaviour is causing concern
* To be present at Return from Exclusion meetings
* To respond to and lead on resolving relationship issues between students
* To encourage students to become more actively involved in school life including charity and community work
* To support those students who receive targeted intervention by the Behaviour Support Team as they are at risk of being excluded from schools
* To actively support students around issues regarding their welfare and safeguarding
* To provide cover supervision for tutor groups, On Call and the Internal Exclusion Room when needed
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:-
* Able to liaise with parents in a professional manner in relation to student behaviour/welfare
* Have a strong understanding of child protection and safeguarding matters
* A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
* A commitment to equal opportunities, awareness of diversity issues and working in a positive and non-discriminatory way
* A commitment to working in a multi-cultural environment and with students from diverse backgrounds and abilities
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply ONLINE NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you.