Pastoral Assistant - Runcorn (The Grange Academy)
• To provide specific support for students and staff, under the direction/instruction of the Progress Leader and senior members of staff, to improve standards within the year group.
• To support the Progress Leader with leading and managing the team of Personal Tutors.
• To work with students who need help to overcome barriers to learning and improve student progress.
• To work with students to transform their attitudes towards school, their ability to cope with the challenges that they face, and ultimately their ability to become independent learners that achieve their full potential.
• To support students and staff to narrow gaps in achievement between identified groups.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
• Support the delivery of key messages at lines and during assemblies.
• Establish good working relationships with students and staff, acting as a role model at all times.
• Be aware of and respond appropriately to individual student needs ensuring effective interaction and intervention.
• Promote and maintain good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents, encouraging students to take responsibility for their own behaviour in line with the established school policy.
• Promote inclusion and acceptance of all students.
• Encourage students to work independently on tasks directed by subject teachers.
• Support children and young people in raising standards of achievement by removing barriers to learning by supporting them and parents/carers to address issues such as; progress, attendance, punctuality, Attitude to Learning, behaviour and resilience.
• Lead on, with the Progress Leader, the production of the Raising Achievement Plan (RAP) data document for the Year Group in order to track, monitor and evaluate student progress and attainment.
• Monitor standards within tutor time to ensure high standards are maintained and students are using their time well.
• Use a variety of approaches, which should be tailored to meet individual needs of students.
• Responsibility for production and maintenance of accurate records of meetings and incidents.
• Attend, arrange and support in regular scheduled meetings with members of staff and parents/carers.
• Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
• Liaise with Progress Leaders, Personal Tutors, Support Staff, Careers Coordinators and outside agencies.
• Collate relevant student information and progress for class teachers for inclusion on Synergy, SIMS and P2S.
• Know targeted students’ current grades and Target Grades and utilise strategies to support students in achieving learning goals.
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment to enable independent learning.
• Understand how to use P2S effectively and ensure that all students are making progress towards their Target Grades.
• To play an active role to support the Progress Leader in the monitoring and supervision of behaviour at break and lunch times when possible.
Please apply now or call Mark at The Supply Register for more information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'