Passenger Service Agents - Stansted Airport
On-going contracts with the view to go perm for the right candidate, (opportunities with 2 seperate companies)
flexibility is required as
£8.68 ph rising to £9.11 after 12 weeks
To provide all necessary help and support to passengers as required by our customer airlines which may include check in, baggage processing, reservations and ticketing, boarding of flights, air-bridge operation, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.
Minimum 20 hour contract however can be working up to 40 hours on a varied, planned rostered shift pattern that may include some night shifts.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Assist passengers with self-service check-in kiosks
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and quarantine as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with the companies Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Operate computers and specialist equipment such as air-bridge, scanners and airline specific software
- Produce work-related documentation when required
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Airport Placements are a recruitment business supporting the airport industry, we are unfortunately unable to respond to all unsuccessful applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job