Partnerships Manager (Yorkshire)
Partnerships Manager (Yorkshire)
Salary: 20,040 pa
Position: Part-time, permanent
Location: Home-based, covering specified region
Hours: 21 hours per week over a flexible working pattern with some Sunday working
Employ your sales and marketing experience, public speaking ability and your understanding of the aspirations of church leaders to make a real and lasting difference to children.
We have a vacancy for a Partnerships Manager to be based in the Leeds/Bradford area and covering this designated Yorkshire region.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase 'Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name’. Our work is Christ centred, child focused and church based.
About the role
As a Partnerships Manager, you’ll work within the Partnerships Department to establish, build, maintain and grow relationships with existing and potential Church Partners to manage local events in order to maximise the opportunities from these partnerships and to achieve regional acquisition objectives. You will work in collaboration with volunteers, the philanthropy and events team to maximise impact.
- Actively maintain and promote Compassion UK’s Christian ethos and values.
- Maximise the number of child sponsorships from within designated area from churches and local events.
- Work collaboratively across CUK to effectively meet objectives.
- Assist the effective working of the Regional Partnerships Department.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- Sales and marketing experience essential with a proven track record of sales achievement and the ability to generate opportunities and manage relationships.
- An understanding of the aspirations of church leaders and the challenges they face in their ministries.
- To be a confident and effective public speaker.
- Educated to at least A level standard and/or be able to show relevant work-based experience in a results driven organisation.
- Core office/administrative skills. You must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office.
- A full driving licence with car (mileage expenses paid).
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- A proven track record of excellent persuasive telephone skills
We need you to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote Compassion’s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work.
- Deeply connected to Compassion’s ministry to children.
- Aligned to Compassion UK’s cultural attributes.
- Good time management skills.
- Proactive relationship building.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to perform to a high standard.
- Creative, innovative and flexible.
- Willing and able to undertake periodic overseas travel.
Location & Benefits
This is a Home-based role within daily travel of Leeds/Bradford area, 21 hours per week over a flexible working pattern with some Sunday working.
Benefits include enhanced pension scheme with 10% employer contribution, equivalent of 5 normal working weeks' annual leave a year (pro rata), plus normal bank holidays (pro rata), Income Protection and Group Life cover on appointment, private healthcare and dental insurance on successful completion of probation.
The closing date for completed applications is: 24th February 2020
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website to download the job description and complete the application process.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of our vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that we can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.
No agencies please.
- Influential Communicator
- Building Relationships
- Sales and Marketing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'