Partner Designate - Mid-tier Firm - Hertfordshire
- Clients: SME/OMB
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Benefits: Clear succession path, strong work-life balance
- Salary: up to £70k
Our client is a well-known Mid-tier long established 5 Partner firm currently looking to recruit an ambitious individual to become a key member of the firm. Due to a succession plan for one of their Hertfordshire offices, the firm is seeking for a driven individual at Senior Manager level to join them with a view to making Partner in the short-medium term.
The successful candidate will already have a strong public practice background and be accustomed to delivering a first class service. The client base increasingly requires applicants who are adept at offering advice on accounting and taxation matters and it would be advantageous if your experience came from the SME/OMB sectors.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the management of the separate departments of the firm and report directly to the partners
- Demonstrating commercial skills to assist in maximising the KPIs of the firm (fees, chargeable hours and recoverability)
- Managing a sizeable client portfolio with a general practice workload
- Compiling and analysing financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Providing corporate and personal tax compliance and advisory services to OMBs and their directors
- Providing and overseeing VAT services to a range of clients from standard VAT returns to more complex inquiries
- Take responsibility of the training and development of team members
- Showing initiative and aptitude for wider client management and liaison.
The successful candidate needs to have:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience working within a professional practice with portfolio and people’s management
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Strong working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- A full driving licence with access to own car
Please call on to discuss this role further or apply on-line for immediate consideration.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful. However, understand that we will keep your CV on record for any future role that could be your perfect match.
If you are seeking Senior Manager/Partner Designate jobs in Hertfordshire contact Austin Rose, the Public Practice Recruitment Specialists.