Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Part Time Warehouse Operative Early Morning (UK)
Ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines.
The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague’s working day and most importantly our customer’s.
Monday - Friday: 3:30am - 07:30am
Salary £11.07 per hour rising to £12.04 per hour
- Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
- Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
- Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
- Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
- Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
- To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery’ parcels.
- Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job