Part-Time Transport Officer | Taunton | £10.74ph
REED Business Support is working together with a local organisation to recruit a part-time Transport Officer on a temporary basis until October 2018. The hours for this role will be 17 a week (exact days and times TBC)
Based in the centre of Taunton, you will be responsible for overseeing transport arrangements for Special Educational Needs Further Education pupils across Somerset. Duties for the role include, but are not limited to;
- Deciding whether Special Educational Needs Further Education pupils qualify for
transport assistance based on a number of factors
- Communicating decision to applicants, handling disappointed/upset parents and
informing of alternatives
- Designing a complex and constantly changing network of routes as safely and
economically as possible, utilising a variety of vehicles
- Managing the day to day operations of the network including re-negotiating route
prices for existing contracts/extensions
- Ensuring safety standards are maintained and departmental policies and
procedures are followed
Previous experience within transport or logistics would be beneficial but not essential. Candidates must have strong IT proficiency, communication skills and a good knowledge of the local area.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or hit the 'Apply' button below.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business