Location: Westbury Park, Bristol
Salary: £8.95-£10.15ph (Linked to competency and qualifications)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Rated CQC ‘Outstanding, Aurora Hyde lodge is situated close to the city centre and offers a supported living and learning environment for young adults aged 19+ with severe and complex learning difficulties.
The main purpose of the role:
To provide the young people with every opportunity to develop the skills they desire. Each week the residents will go out shopping, horse riding, and music therapy, pet therapy, swimming, Yoga and so much more. They are also encouraged to do all of their own cooking, cleaning and washing, so the Learning Assistant will guide and support our young people in these tasks.
- To take responsibility for the care of resident’s clothes, bedrooms, personal belongings and ensure that all their medical needs are met, including the administering and recording of prescribed medication.
- To provide our young people with support carrying out their daily tasks and activities
- Empowering the young people to be independent and to try new things, especially things they really want to do
- Encourage our young people to be active in the local community
- The role may require participation in physical intervention and personal care routines.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
For the full job description and break down of duties, please contact Annie from the recruitment team
- Successful candidate qualities:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile.
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible.
- Exceptional communication skills and patience.
- Willingness to work towards achieving Level 2 apprenticeship or equivalent for Adults (funded by us).
- Experience working within special needs and/or support/care roles (either in a paid or personal environment) – highly desirable but not essential.
- A strong understanding of what “good care” looks like
- A robust, positive and creative approach in meeting the needs of young adults.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
- Be able to work within a rota pattern (which includes evenings, weekends and some unsocial hours).
What’s on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
For more information on this position please contact /
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'