My client based in West London are looking to recruit a Stock Accountant on a part-time basis. You would be reporting to the Accounting Manager and be required to work 25 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly & mid-month stock reconciliation for all locations
- Responsible for review of all inventory balances and resolving any stock issues
- Book stock gains and losses into the trading system
- Responsible for month-end close related activities including, monthly stock valuation and journal postings in accounting system
- Daily scheduling of stock blending in trading system
- Ensure inventory discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Work with Operations, Front Office & Terminals to ensure completeness and accuracy of the stock movements
- Preparation and submission of monthly duty return to HMRC
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT 908 return to HMRC
- Preparation and submission of monthly RDCO return to HMRC
- Monthly duty reconciliation and journal postings as part of month-end process
- Collaborate with other teams to improve processes
- Document and update procedures for assigned tasks
- Work with auditors for any duty and inventory related queries
- Develop a strong understanding of the information systems used by the company (trading & accounting systems).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight daily deadlines.
- Professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Hands-on person.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment and as part of a team.
- Proactive, challenging and motivated person
Credentials and Experience
- At least 1-2 years’ stock accountant/accounts assistant experience
- Strong team player with good organisational and planning skills.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'