Up to £21,099 (Dependent on experience)
Part Time - 22.5 hours per week Flexible working
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker who will work part of a team to offer a high quality of social work to patients, their families and carers.
Our Hospice, St John’s, treats over 3,000 terminally ill patients and family members every year, for free. St John’s Hospice is based in the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth. We are committed to delivering the highest quality patient service. Our patients face a range of conditions, including cancer, respiratory disease, heart failure and HIV.
The Hospice consists of 19 bedded Inpatient Unit, Clinical Day Services, a multi-disciplinary Community Team and Lymphoedema Services maintaining highest standards of palliative care. Services are provided for people with cancer, HIV and other life threatening illnesses and for their significant others.
Patients are admitted to the Hospice Specialist Palliative Care Inpatient Unit for assessment, symptom control, terminal care, rehabilitation, respite care and medical interventions from a wide catchment area of five Clinical Commissioning Groups of Central London, West London, Brent, Camden, and Islington
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in order to assess and agree support for the patient, carers and families.
- To be able to demonstrable skills in assessment, therapeutic and group work, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of other professionals and agencies to advocate on behalf of patients.
- To work in partnership with the patient, family or carer in order to agree what are their needs and how best to offer the appropriate support.
- To provide information, practical support and advice regarding welfare rights, benefits and other sources of funding.
- To help plan for the safe discharge of patients to appropriate community settings, liaising with community agencies where needed to activate community resources.
- To maintain, continuously develop and improve the system in an imaginative way which takes into account the needs of the patient within the community in which they live.
Why work for us?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you