Part- Time Senior HR Advisor (12 m FTC - Mat Cover)
Salary: £25,004 - £28,270 pa pro-rata
Hours: 25 to 30 hours (flexible days/hours)
Responsible to: Director of HR
Job Purpose: To deliver an effective HR service that meets the business needs of the operational teams.
To act as lead HR advisor, in the absence of the Director of HR.
- To provide a fair, consistent and timely recruitment service that conforms to the recruitment selection policy and procedure.
- To identify innovative recruitment opportunities within the East Midlands and identify appropriate networks within the community.
- Provide support to the Director of HR in relation to the transfer of staff to Perthyn including undertaking individual consultation meetings with transferred staff.
- To promptly process all CRB applications and issue accurate contracts of employment to all new employees, within agreed timescales.
- To regularly monitor the staff establishment of the area, to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate.
- To promptly and accurately action contract variations.
- To support managers in the implementation of the sickness and ill health policy, including identifying staff with high intermittent sickness/absence levels and promptly referring staff to the occupational doctor when appropriate.
- To consistently implement all HR policies and procedures within the area.
- To provide accurate and timely advice to managers and staff in relation to HR policies and procedures, and employment legislation.
- To liase with all managers within the area to ensure the effective dissemination and implementation of HR policies and practices, including regular attendance at area team meetings.
- To maintain accurate HR records and personnel files.
- To provide accurate and timely HR performance information.
- To support the Director of HR in the development of policies and procedures.
- To represent the HR department at disciplinary hearings, sickness absence case review meetings etc.
- To undertake any special projects identified by the Director of HR.
- To represent the HR department on working groups.
- To report relevant accidents to the HSE.
- Provide day to day supervision, support and direction to HR Administrators based in their region.
- To act as lead HR advisor in the absence of the Director of HR, including giving appropriate HR and employment law advice to senior managers.
- To undertake any training and development initiatives identified by the Director of HR.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade.
Graduate CIPD Level 5 preferred
Five years experience within the HR function
Experience of recruiting and selecting staff
Experience of HR administration
Experience of applying HR policies and procedures
Experience of advising senior managers, managers and staff
Experience of liasing with trade union representatives
Experience of formal disciplinary proceedings i.e. attending hearings or acting as investigating officer
Experience of developing and implementing HR policies
Experience of organising recruitment campaigns
Experience of working within the HR function in a social care environment
Experience of managing a caseload
Experience of TUPE transfers
Sound understanding of employment legislation and HR best practice
Sound understanding of equal opportunities and diversity issues
Sound understanding of HR databases and HR information systems
Sound understanding of Microsoft applications
Understanding of TUPE legislation
Understanding of health and safety legislation
Understanding of the Personnel Director database or equivalent
Understanding of Care Standards
Knowledge of equal value or job evaluation systems
Knowledge of NHS terms and conditions
Possession of excellent verbal and written skills
Ability to work to deadlines and manage own work load
Sound IT skills
Effective organisation skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Highly developed questioning skills
Sound negotiating and influencing skills
Ability to work on own initiative and manage priorities
Customer focused and committed to providing a quality service
Able to work as part of a team
Resiliant, flexible and able to work in an organisation that is undergoing change due to development and growth.
Able to inspire confidence and motivate people
Demonstrate appositive approach, awareness and commitment to diversity issues
Demonstrate an understanding of, and a commitment to, the values and ethos of Perthyn.
Able to work flexibly with a full driving licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job