Our client, an educational establishment, located in London SW1 (Nearest Tube Station - St James Park) are seeking an experienced Part Time Site Supervisor to join their busy team.
Responsible to: Site Manager or member of Senior Management Team
The Site Manager and his staff are responsible for the provision of a safe, clean and secure environment for all site users and authorised visitors. Training will be given where necessary.
Monday & Wednesday 3.00 pm - 10.00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 3.00 pm-7.00 pm (may have to work until 10.00 pm if lettings booked)
The occasional Saturday and Sunday as and when required.
THIS IS A LONG TERM TEMPORARY POSITION WITH A PERMANENT CONTRACT OFFERED TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
SECURITY AND EMERGENCY WORK
1. To be responsible for the site and contents, and for opening and closing the gates and buildings in accordance with school operating hours, and the requirements of hirers and contractors
2. When opening and closing the building to be responsible for the setting and unsetting of the intruder alarm system. To report any faults to the Site Manager.
3. To respond promptly to emergency situations that occur outside the usual school hours and to assist in such situations. To take all reasonable steps to ensure that the security of the site, people and contents are not compromised. Liaison and assistance with the emergency services in such situations.
4. To assist in the regular testing of fire alarm systems when required and to report any faults to the Site Manager.
OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS AND EXTERNAL LETTINGS
1. To prepare hired areas, and to ensure at the end of each hire that all areas are left tidied and cleaned.
2. All lunch and tea breaks to be taken on site.
3. To provide a prompt report, using the relevant channels, in the event of loss or damage arising in the course of a letting or school event.
GENERAL DUTIES OF SITE STAFF
1. As directed, operation and inspection of equipment for heating, hot and cold water supplies, lighting, ventilation, power, sanitary facilities, drainage and sewerage on a daily basis where required and reporting to the Site Manager any defects.
2. Moving of furniture and setting up of rooms ready for school events.
3. Participation in school programmes in respect of energy conservation, health and safety, control of substances harmful to health and similar matters, including monitoring and operation of control procedures.
4. Oversight of contractors on site, and alerting the Premises Manager of any concerns regarding health and safety and/or performance.
5. When directed, replacement and cleaning of light fittings.
6. Attending appropriate training courses.
7. Such other appropriate duties as determined by the Site Manager or representative of the Site Manager, or the Senior Leadership Team.
8. To liaise with staff via e-mail (full training given)
9. If qualified to do so, to drive Minibus if requested.
REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
1. To undertake minor repair and replacement work including carpentry, glazing, decoration, plumbing and electrical work within the capabilities of the post holder or as directed by the Site Manager. To advise the Site Manager of any repair or replacement work that should be carried out by other persons.
2. To take appropriate measures when adverse weather conditions affect the sites.
3. To directly purchase tools and materials as needed for the completion of tasks in accordance with school procedures but only with the approval of the Site Manager.
4. To assist in the supervision of repair, replacement or maintenance work carried out by contractors. To ensure the appropriate behaviour of contractors and visitors whilst on site.
CLEANING OF THE SITE
1. To assist in monitoring the day-to-day performance of the cleaning contractors, maintain records of deficiencies and remedial actions, and to report to the Site Manager deficiencies requiring action.
2. To keep all external areas tidy and free from litter. To sweep all exterior hard surfaces and keep all borders and grassed areas free of litter. To ensure all gullies and traps are free from obstructions.
3. In emergencies to undertake cleaning duties in order to satisfy health and safety legislation.
4. To ensure the site is clean in the absence of contractors or at the end of lettings.
5. To assist in the monitoring of the cleaning of windows by contractors.
The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
A naturally friendly and helpful nature with the ability to work with a range of teaching and non teaching staff as well as contractors and outside hirers.
A flexible approach to work duties
Ability to undertake manual handling duties
Awareness of equal opportunities legislation and be ready to embrace the ethos of the school
Willing to attend training courses as directed by your line manager
A clean and smart appearance
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required
Previous relevant health and safety at work training
Working for a range of clients
Some I.T. skills
A full clean driving license
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND OUR OFFICES IN SIDCUP KENT, FOR REGISTRATION.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job