Accounts payable/purchase ledger clerk part-time
Maternity contract has come up with a fantastic organisation 21 hours a week for a 9 month contract
1. To Issue accurate invoices to the Institute's students, sponsors and other customers using Agresso, the Institute's Finance system.
2. To process the weekly Coin Banking for the Institute & reconcile the account codes on Agresso each month
3. Processing all Bank receipts for the Institute and SCTE onto Agresso
4. To maintain an accurate record of the student register and monitor allocations made from the various Student Support funds the Institute has access to e.g. AHRC, CHASE and US loans.
5. To reconcile student and commercial customer accounts and control and collect all revenues falling due to the University within agreed targets and timescales from students and commercial customers.
6. To carry out credit control reviews, including liaising with service departments and chasing of outstanding / overdue accounts as required. General
7. To respect confidentiality and carry out all the duties and responsibilities of the post in a professional manner and with due regard to the importance of the site and in compliance with all of its policies, but especially Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
8. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of working in a financial accounting or financial control department
- Knowledge and experience of working in a student services role within the higher education sector.
- Proven experience of working effectively within a team combined with the ability to communicate professionally.
- Knowledge and understanding of double entry accounting and journals.
- Good working knowledge of IT packages relating to the post, particularly Agresso and Excel.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to highlight and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrable ability to work with a high degree of accuracy even when working under pressure.
- The ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, together with the ability to work to deadlines in a changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible in approach to the job.
- sales ledger/accounts receivable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job