A Part-Time Regulatory Monitoring Specialist (22 hours per week) is required by a leading Financial Services provider for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
You will be able to spread your hours over 3-5 days and split your time between working from home and the Group’s Head Office in Birmingham City Centre.
Performing risk-based regulatory monitoring reviews as Lead or as Support, in accordance with the Regulatory Monitoring Plan. Responsibilities include delivering, or supporting the Lead to deliver the following:
- Scoping each review through researching the regulations relating to the specific risks or Business Area under review, gaining a good understanding of the Business Area and determining the approach to the review and what is in and out of scope.
- Issuing and agreeing the Terms of Reference for the activity with Senior Management of the relevant Business Area.
- Creating and delivering an output-based Test Plan with a key focus on determining if the customer outcomes are appropriate, and where they are not, identifying the root cause of the issues.
- Conducting effective Quality Assurance throughout the review to ensure high quality outputs are achieved.
- Effectively documenting review findings in the Regulatory Monitoring Review report with objective presentation of issues.
- Agreeing appropriate actions jointly with senior management that properly address the key risks.
- Validating actions and encouraging completion by the business in a timely manner, escalating where required.
- Demonstrated Financial Services Regulatory experience preferably in a monitoring role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Regulatory framework of the UK financial services industry.
- Able to work well under pressure, assess priorities in own workload, deliver high quality work and consistently meet set targets in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work from own initiative; with the ability to work both as part of a team and on their own.
- Able to exercise consistent judgement in the application of regulatory standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information to Senior Managers and Executives.
- Strong coaching skills to influence behaviours and help deliver change.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills including Root Cause Analysis.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'