We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Morning Receptionist to join our committed and dynamic staff body.
Harris Academy Merton opened in 2006 and serves students from Year 7 to Sixth Form. In 2008, we achieved a grading of 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, a judgment that was repeated under the more challenging criteria in 2012. The current student roll is 1200, with a planned increase in our Year 7 intake over the next two years taking our numbers from 180 to 240 students. Applications for places greatly exceed the places available. The academy is set in seven acres of land, containing five teaching blocks, a sports hall, a full size floodlit all weather pitch plus four full size floodlit tennis courts and our own playing fields as well as an administration building containing the assembly hall and dining hall. We are favourably located for public transport with good local access to bus, mainline train and underground links, as well as on-site parking for vehicles and bicycles.
What we are looking for:
This is a pivotal role as you will be the first point of contact for all visitors to our academy and as such you will be representing our values and ethos. The successful appointee will show commitment towards the role and the academy and be adaptive and flexible in their willingness to work as part of a team.
You will play a vital role in ensuring visitors and parents are welcomed and assisted in a professional, efficient and timely manner at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a calm and warm professional manner with excellent communication skills
- Have a sound educational background with proficient IT skills in Word and Excel
- Have an excellent level of verbal communication and literacy skills
- Be organised with a good work ethic, able to work independently
- Be confident to use their initiative where needed
- Be well presented at all times
- Be flexible and accommodating towards carrying out additional tasks that may arise occasionally
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work within an over-subscribed, ‘Outstanding’ Academy
- A calm, well disciplined yet positive and innovative learning environment
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- Excellent record of GCSE results
As part of the Harris Federation of Schools you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation and respect. We offer superb professional development and promotion opportunities within both the Academy and the Harris Federation.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 a.m. Monday, 19th March 2018
Interview date: w/c 19th March 2018
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job