Work in partnership with colleagues to provide a friendly, efficient and professional front of house service to all internal and external visitors, clients and customers.Job Description:
Job DescriptionPART-TIME RECEPTIONIST
Hours: 1.30pm - 6.00 pm (Monday to Friday)Main responsibilitiesSwitchboard
- Switchboard Cover - 1.30pm - 6pm Monday - Friday
- Holiday, sickness and absence cover - 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday
- Answer switchboard calls within Grant Thornton protocol of 3 rings
- Speak to callers in a polite and professional manner and deal with calls appropriately
- Take messages as needed to ensure that they are passed to the relevant person by email as soon as possible
- Maintain a professional, tidy, neat reception area.
- Welcome visitors to the office in a friendly and professional manner, and are booked in and are made aware of H&S requirements on site and passes issued and logged accordingly
- Ensure that visitors are announced when they arrive
- Ensure that visitors are signed in and out
- Process and manage meeting room booking requests, liaising with colleagues to ensure effective usage
- Administer in-house events, liaising closely with event host
- Ensure all client facing areas are neat and tidy.
- Organise and set-up meeting rooms
- Make tea and coffee for meetings
- Clear meeting rooms after use
- Organise catering as necessary for breakfasts/lunches.
- Post - dealing with all incoming and outgoing post
- Stationery - checking supplies and ordering as required
- Groceries - checking supplies and ordering as required
- Archiving - archiving files and retrieving from storage
- organise couriers and ensure that packages reach destinations within deadlines
- Ordering taxis
- Booking travel as and when required
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as and when required
- Assist with mail shots and compiling packs
- General facility maintenance
- Ensuring all expenditure is correctly recharged to the relevant client code or internal department.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Training on Grant Thornton software packages will be provided.
- Smart, professional appearance
- Good telephone manner
- Flexible, positive 'can do attitude'
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player.
- Essential - Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Desirable - previous experience as a receptionist in a professional services environment.