We are working with a special school in Weston-Super-Mare, who are recruiting for a PE teacher to work 3 afternoons a week. This school is noted as having a strong team and great facilities.
About the Candidate
* Confident and experienced working with children between the ages of 10 & 17
* If you prefer working with KS2 and KS3 over KS4 (or the opposite) we would still like to hear from you
* Creative and passionate about helping children learn
* Energetic and able to make lessons
* Patient, you may be supporting students who are working below their expected level in regards to their age
* Happy to teach as well as completing planning, marketing and assessments
* A team player, this school works hard to support their students and has a strong team in place
About the School
* Co-educational and caters for pupils ages 7 - 16
* The pupils needs include Communication and Interaction Needs, Cognitive and Learning Needs, Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Sensory and/or physical needs, Challenging Behaviour
* Has particularly small classes to benefit their students
* Has a strong and supportive team that work well together
* Has been rebuilt recently with facilities you may not see at other schools!
About the Role
* Planning, marking and assessing for students between ages of 7 - 16
* Teaching PE lessons in small classes
* Assisting the teacher in breaking down the lessons into more accessible and relatable ways
* Working with children who have SEMHD (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties)
* Candidates with MAPA training are encouraged to apply
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
*Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa).
*Hold QTS in the UK.
*Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks.
If you think this is the next step in your career, then pleased send your CV to Claire Cooper at or alternatively call . We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and enhanced DBS check.
- key stage 2
- PE teacher
- challenging behaviour
- key stage 3
- key stage 4
- social emotional mental health
- PE NQT
- social emotional mental health difficulties
- pe nqt
- PE pgce
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job