Part-time Payroll Officer - Bureau Experience Preferred
A well-established firm of chartered accountants based in Bootle are currently looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer to their growing and dynamic bureau on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of payroll clients along with providing outstanding customer service. You will also be required to stay up-to-date with payroll compliance and legislation.
The part-time Payroll Officer will be required to work 22.5 hours per week, ideally over Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, although alternative working days will be considered for the right candidate. Due to continued growth, there may be scope to increase working hours for the ideal candidate. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your career within a company that is focused on the training and development of its staff.
The Payroll Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing portfolio of payrolls for companies with less than 15 employees, on a variable basis
- Processing starters and leavers
- Calculating tax deductions including all statutory payments
- Implementing Auto Enrolment where necessary and importing data to pension provider
- Liaising with HMRC when queries arise
- Sending BACS payments.
- Generating automatic bills each quarter on Iris, in Payroll Supervisor’s absence
- Importing NEST pension contributions for approx. 80 clients
- CIS returns and reconciling CIS suffered when needed
- Undertaking other appropriate payroll tasks at the request of the Payroll Supervisor
- Keeping up to date with all payroll legislation and compliance
Essential Requirements are:
- At least 3 years previous payroll experience in a similar role, ideally in bureau
- Knowledge of Superpay payroll software (whilst desirable, this is not essential as training will be given)
- Knowledge of Iris software (whilst desirable, this is not essential as training will be given)
Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload.
If you have all of the above requirements for the Payroll Officer position, then please apply now using the link below.
The above vacancyis only one of many thatwe are handling. Marshall Moore Practice division specialises in recruiting all types of practice vacancies for both temporary and permanent assignments including:
- Audit Senior/Accounts Senior/Tax Senior and Semi-Senior
- Audit Manager
- Corporate Finance Specialist
- Transactional Service Analyst
- Partner and Practice Manager
Marshall Moore is a leading specialist recruitment consultancy. If you would like a confidential discussion about your requirements, please don’t hesitate to call Marshall Moore at our Liverpool office. Alternatively submit your CV for immediate consideration and you will be contacted by one of our specialist consultants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job