We are looking for a part-time Payroll/HR Administrator to join a prestigious organisation, based in the heart of Canterbury. You must be enthusiastic, methodical, articulate and have an excellent eye for detail. This is a part-time role, working within a job share.
The role is to provide an efficient and accurate payroll service to all levels of staff and associated legal persons. The successful candidate will need previous experience within a payroll role and ideally have a good knowledge and understanding of Sage payroll.
Role Duties Include:
- Prepare and calculate payroll data (overtime and payroll adjustments) for input.
- Deal with all aspects of Payroll administration, this will include new employees, leavers, tax codes, Maternity etc, staff expenses, etc.
- Deal with all staff benefits that are processed through the payroll and ensure all salary changes are recorded and actioned.
- Prepare year end P11D's and PAYE Settlement Agreement returns and payments. Ensure that Expenses Exemptions are properly recorded.
- Ensure all users of Sage HR are trained and familiar with the system.
- Keep accurate absence records, notify the Head of HR of any long term absences producing quarterly absence statistical reports. Ensure Company Sick Pay and SSP payments are accurately recorded and paid.
- Liaise with Pension Advisors as needed to ensure correct employee deductions and company contributions are made. Operate the Pension auto enrolment systems in line with government directives.
- Liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure that accurate posting uploads are provided on a timely basis to the Accounts department for the Nominal Ledger and for management accounts. Ensure all inter departmental costs are cross charged correctly.
- Prepare regular reports including staff costs, annual salary budgets and staff numbers comparisons, payroll budget and variances.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC regulations, submitting relevant returns by the required deadlines.
- Be the point of contact for all general payroll and pension queries dealing with external correspondence and queries from employees and Managers.
- Assist with employee Health and Safety monitoring, co-ordinating health surveillance and occupational health assessments.
- Complete DBS security checks and be responsible for maintaining the DBS records in Sage HR.
- Deal with all Work Experience enquiries and bookings, ensuring all departments are aware and candidates are sent the relevant information in a timely and professional manner.
- Cover for the HR Officer when necessary.
- Ensure that professionalism and confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Carry out any other reasonable task as required.
Essential requirements for the role:
- At least 2 years payroll legislation experience including tax, NI, SPP, SMP.
- Working knowledge of a computerised payroll system.
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent standard of written English.
- Payroll qualification such as AAT, IPP, ICB.
- Working knowledge of payroll.
- AAT or IPP.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.