Skills: Sage Payroll, Accounts, processing timesheets, process salaries, payroll queries, highly confidential
Hours: 20 hours per week, flexible to be discussed
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to work for a professional, family run company near to public transport in Kenley. Our client offers 24-hour Residential Care in small Children’s Homes, registered and inspected by Ofsted, for young people aged 12 to 18. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
What will your working week be like?
Supporting the Finance Manager with the running of the monthly payroll. You will be co-ordinating and preparing data for monthly payroll from full/part time permanent staff timesheets.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Liaise with Home managers, re; weekly cut-off dates
- Process weekly timesheets from Homes (Departments), includes Managers, permanent & zero hours employees and Agency staff
- Ensure Sickness Absence from timesheet and from Line Managers are correctly noted and communicated to HR
- Log zero hours contracted staff’s holiday for quarterly payment
- Log permanent staff’s hours for TOIL
- Process salary inter department transfers and salary Accruals
- Maintain Agency staff profiles with HR
- Respond to employee payroll queries, ensuring accurate and prompt resolution with Finance Manager
- The post holder is exposed to sensitive and confidential information and must always ensure the confidentiality of information.
- The post holder will be required to observe current legislation including the Data Protection Act. Opportunity for further training via HMRC webinars.
Who will this role suit?
Working in this small but busy team, it is essential that you have good planning, time management & organisational skills to carry out this role effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Creative, independent with good problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels
- Ability to work flexibly with many tasks and projects on-going at the same time
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing and reconciliation
- Proficient in Excel
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation
- Sage Payroll
- payroll queries
- processing timesheets
- process salaries