Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Part Time Payroll Administrator in Cambridge. The post holder will be expected to administer the payroll process to ensure accurate inputting of information and ensuring key deadlines are met, acting as the intermediary between the HR Department and the external Payroll Bureau.
- Liaise with HR to ensure all payroll information is captured in the monthly process.
- Review the current payroll process and identify areas of improvement
- Administer 'Payroll’ Inbox and action accordingly.
- Collate all instructions for the monthly payroll from the payroll log and the inbox.
- Manage the relationship with the Payroll Bureau and control the information flow with them.
- Verify and approve monthly payroll processed by the bureau.
- Resolve any employee queries throughout the month.
- Review and approve payrolls from Singapore, China, India and the USA.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable for PAYE payments and HMRC for any PAYE related queries.
- Complete and submit 'Monthly Salaries’ surveys to the Office of National Statistics.
- Prepare and submit pension contributions online. Liaise with the pension companies for any queries.
- Calculate employers Class 1A NI contributions.
- Calculate Benefits in Kind, prepare P11ds and submit to HMRC.
- Assist with the administration within the Accounts Payable Department.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years payroll experience and have a thorough working knowledge of payroll and associated legislation. They will also have had exposure to a high volume environment.