15 hours per week – Thursday & Fridays
£14,180 per annum
Our client is looking to recruit a part time Occupational Health Advisor to provide advice on health, attendance and disability issues and ensure compliance with statutory requirements relating to Occupational Health.
- To provide advice and guidance to line managers and HR colleagues in the management of complex cases, including representing Occupational Health at local and force attendance management meetings.
- Implement and operate effective health screening procedures within statutory and organisational guidelines and policies including health assessments and surveillance programmes.
- To identify and appraise the Occupational Health Manager of developing poor health trends and to promote health at work through the delivery of health campaigns.
- Conduct assessments of medical and disability issues at pre-employment stages, and support managers in addressing the associated outcomes (e.g. advice on reasonable adjustments)
- To conduct risk assessments via accurate examination of risks involved and appropriate implementation of risk control measures.
- Conduct occupational health assessments, discuss options for assistance and instigate appropriate course of action in line with legislative and organisational requirements.
- To recognise symptoms of workplace injury and ill health and seek to identify their causes.
- Manage a portfolio of Occupational Health cases in accordance with force policy and procedure including health assessments, reports to line managers, maintenance of case files and referral to other health professionals as required.
- Assess the welfare needs of individuals and refer to counselling support or advice in accordance with recognised professional codes of practice.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- Registered General Nurse
- Diploma in Occupational Health
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, including the Equality Act, Medical Reports Act, Data Protection Act and Health and Safety at Work Act
- Significant post qualification experience in a clinical setting
- The proven ability to practically apply medical knowledge and experience in order to effectively deal with complex cases of workplace injury and ill health.
- Experience of providing Occupational Health services within a complex organisation with multiple sites and specialist requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to research and prepare management reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence senior leaders, resolve conflict and deal with sensitive issues
- Ability to research and prepare medical management reports.
- Competent in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office
Recommend your family and friends to us and on their successful placement, we will give you up to £250 worth of vouchers of your choice. (T&C's apply).
Please visit our Redwood Search website to find more roles!