Daisy Chain Recruitment are looking for a Nursery chef to join the team at a Nursery based in Wembley
You will be responsible for providing freshly prepared, nutritionally balanced meals for the children on a day to day basis.
As a Chef, you will be responsible for all safe and hygienic management of the kitchen and the correct nutritional needs of the children. We are looking for someone who has a great personality and is motivated.
You will be expected to hold at least a Level 2 Food and Hygiene certificate and at least 1 years’ experience working as a nursery Chef before.
Hours of Work: 20hrs per week
- To contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children placed in the nursery.
- To work in partnership with the Manager, Deputy Manager and to produce a healthy and nutritionally balanced menu for the children
- Liaising with the Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager, Kitchen Assistant and all other colleagues to maintain accurate and up to date records of children with allergies and dietary requirements
- Effectively manage the nursery food budget and be in charge of ordering the correct amount of stock
- Adhering to company policies and procedures and complying with health and safety regulations
- Correct distribution of food, including complying with the company allergy management systems
- Under the direction of the Manager and Deputy Manager carrying out effective employee inductions and holding one to ones and supervisions with the Kitchen Assistant
- Supporting staff to ensure the correct procedures for preparing and serving food are followed in line with company policies and procedure
- Preventing cross contamination of food within the kitchen area. Ensuring regular risk assessments and reviews are completed and any necessary actions are carried out
- Maintaining allergy management systems in line with company policy and ensuring the relevant colour coded plates and bowls are used to identify children with allergies and dietary requirements
- Ensuring stock rotation
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness/tidiness within the nursery kitchen
- Making sure that all food substances are labelled with expiry dates
- Ensuring that foods stored in the refrigerator and freezer are clearly labelled and adequately covered
- Storing and serving all food at the correct temperatures required and record temperatures of food at time of delivery and serving
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children, ensuring settings policies and procedures are observed at all times.
- To provide a positive Role Model at all times to children, colleagues and visitors to the setting
Please send your most up to date CV to Osha Daley as soon as possible.
Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer Recruitment training has been carried out and background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
- Food Hygiene
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job