Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. Would you like the opportunity to use your nursing skills in an environment like no other to make a real difference every day? Working within the prisons healthcare team you will be undertaking assessments and establishing the appropriate level of intervention, care and management of your patients. You will be working closely with Paramedics, HCA’s and non-clinical staff and have the opportunity to progress into more senior roles.
Hours: 23 hours per week (various shifts)
About our Site:
Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre (IRC) is a 24 hours site that holds 400 plus detainees suspected of visa violations, illegal entry or unauthorised arrival to the UK and are waiting for flights, transfers or to be released in to the community. We have a fast turnover of detainees so a wide range skills will be needed and trained/supported. From triage, chronic disease management to acute care.
Our Client has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
- £1500 Golden Hello Bonus*
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass - subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Essential skills a Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC Registration
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable skills a Nurse:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of long term conditions.
- Mental health assessment of common disorders.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptableof the clients. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
*Golden Hello- paid in 3 instalments: £500 month 1, month 12, month 24
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'