The Early Onset Community Mental Health Team are looking for a part time (22.5 hours p/w) social worker to join their multidisciplinary team, working with the team leader and alongside care coordinators to help coordinate, administrate and support social work aspects in the team.
This would mainly include:
- Helping with safeguarding trouble shooting, administration and supporting referrals to MASH.
- Help with discharge planning around section 117.
- Help with FACE assessments and supporting care coordinators at panel for applications to housing.
- Help with liaising with other wider services in the borough to maintain good interface relationships and to encourage teaching sessions and supporting people to apply for relevant training.
- To work within an MDT, attending red zone meetings and two MDT meetings (Monday's and Thursdays) to help bring a social work perspective to the team.
- Be willing to work with a small caseload of patients (if necessary) for short term work, where social needs are the primary concern.
- Supervision of junior colleagues/students.
- Working closely with team leader to ensure robust processes and systems in place around Safeguarding.
The applicant should have:
- Experience of working in a mental health community team (ideally, at least 3 years minimum).
- Experience of care coordination is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the Mental Health Act, The Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty, Safeguarding and all other relevant legislation relevant to this post.
To apply for this post, please send your CV to Becky at in the first instance.
Don't forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £200 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isn't for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £200 could be on it's way to you!
Your expert recruitment consultant is Becky Dewis, call today on or email
Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Part time mental health social worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job