Reporting to: Healthcare Manager
Hours: 27 Hours p/week
Shifts: Tuesday 13:00-20:00, Wednesday 13:00-20:00, Thursday 13:00-20:00 & Friday 7:30-13:30
Start date: Tuesday 10th April 2018
The practice offers private, multidisciplinary healthcare services on an outpatient and self-paying basis. The practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission, which ensures that we provide high quality and patient centred healthcare to patients, by reputable clinicians. We pride ourselves in offering excellent customer service and establishing a friendly and caring environment for our patients.
Established in 2001, our guiding principles are clinical management excellence, patient confidentiality, excellent customer service, team work, a non-blame culture, attention to detail, a holistic and flexible approach and, patient freedom of choice.
The practice hosts approximately 40 clinicians. We provide additional administrative services to 12 of the clinicians which include diary management, message & payment taking.
The position will suit an individual who is proactive and have the capability and confidence to manage reception alone or as part of a team. You must be experienced in working under pressure and have the ability to remain calm, organised and professional during very busy times.
We are looking for an individual who is honest, self-motivated, resourceful and flexible. Providing excellent customer service and being empathetic to patients' circumstances are essential. You must have a good, general knowledge and understanding of IT and software packages such as MS Word, Excel, Windows 10 Pro etc.
Due to the variety of services we provide it is essential that you have an eye for detail and that you are highly organised. Experience and an interest in medical administration is desirable.
You will work alongside another receptionist, supporting each-other in managing front desk - ensuring good communication and team work.
- Good standard of general education
- GCSE Mathematics
- GCSE English
- Appropriate qualification in medical reception e.g. AMSPAR and or NVQ in Customer Service, desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (Written and Oral)
- IT proficient including Microsoft Office programmes
- Taking own initiative to troubleshoot general IT problems
- Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good analytical and accounting skills
- Touch-type speed from 40 wpm
- Welcoming the patients prior to appointments and notifying clinicians of their patient’s arrival
- Providing support to clinicians during their clinics
- Receiving and making telephone calls as required as well as diverting calls and taking messages accurately
- Undertaking any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Healthcare Manager or the Director.
- General administrative work: Typing Letters, generating patient recall letters, scanning or faxing documents, Organising X-Rays/MRI Scans for patients (As set out in Reception Guides)
- Liaising with external consultants and/or secretaries as required
- Distributing post to relevant members of staff
- Maintaining an effective filing system
- Managing and resolving IT related problems
- Arranging for posting of parcels, arranging couriers, travel, visas and accommodation as directed by the Director
- Arranging lunch for business meetings for Director
- Dealing with incoming e-mails, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Healthcare Manager or Director
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings as and when requested
- Taking minutes of meetings and audio typing when required
- Maintaining and developing administration systems to ensure efficiency
- Review and Update Reception guides with other team members when required
- General 'housekeeping’ duties as set out in reception guides
- Managing deliveries and unpacking stock
- Using your own judgement and communication skills, effectively troubleshooting problems as they arise e.g. patients who turn up at the practice, with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation, are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Dealing with patient complaints
- Ensuring that Clinicians are always informed of any diary changes
- Providing comprehensive & accurate information about the practice’s services to patients
- Scheduling appointments for new patients and follow up patients
- Entering patient information on clinical software, ensuring accuracy of detail
- You will be responsible for managing the clinical database and liaising with the clinical software developer on a regular basis i.e. changes to online layout, address technical problems etc.
- Patient payment taking
- Petty cash management
- End of day cashing up and end of week accounting
- Paying invoices
- Monthly financial reporting
- Management of patient accounts and chasing patient debt as per debt management protocol
- Issuing receipts and invoices to patients.
- Managing Healthcare insurance claims via Healthcode and liaising with insurance companies
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Interpersonal Skills