Our client has a vacancy for a Part Time Legal Secretary Litigation Secretary (approximately 21 hours per week) to provide an efficient secretarial service to two Solicitors within the Commercial Litigation department at Northampton.
- To deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client's needs.
- To type correspondence and legal documents to solicitors, companies and Clients relating to Commercial Litigation matters.
- To answer the telephone professionally, taking accurate messages from Clients and other contacts.
- To file correspondence and documents each day, returning the files to the cabinets.
- To deal with all enquires made by a Client in the absence of the Solicitor.
- To make appointments on behalf of the Solicitor when requested and to service meetings including the booking of conference rooms and provision of refreshments for the Solicitor and any visitors and Clients.
- To liaise with other members of staff in setting up meetings etc.
- To be flexible in covering for other secretaries' absence.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Skills / Experience
Working within a legal secretarial environment - 12 months minimum
Previous litigation (or similar) experience - desirable
Fast accurate typing skills
Audio typing experience
Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work
Professional telephone manner
Qualifications / Education
Good educational background
English GCSE (or equivalent)
Typing to RSA II standard
Scope / Other information
Willingness to work outside normal hours when necessary
Good sense of humour
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job