We are looking for a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of History. The ability to teach up to and including A Level is essential.
Title: Teacher of History and Form Tutor
Job Purpose: To assist the Head of Department with the teaching and development of your subject(s). To promote the happiness and well-being of students in your form.
Accountability: To your Head of Department for your work in the Department, to the relevant Deputy Head pastoral and Head of Section for your work as form tutor and any extra-curricular activity which you participate in and/or organise
The ideal candidate will
- Be an inspirational teacher and an outstanding classroom practitioner who is committed to raising the achievements of our students;
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject;
- Be passionate about teaching History and be able to instil a love of History in our pupils;
- Be committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning;
- Be able to engage pupils of all abilities and enable every child to fulfil their potential;
- Be skilled at fostering both independent and collaborative student-led learning;
- Have experience of teaching at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5;
- Be well-organised and able to plan creatively and effectively;
- Embrace change and new initiatives in teaching;
- Be able to work well collaboratively as part of a team;
- Be keen to engage in high quality CPD.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To plan and develop high quality lessons and courses, using a variety of approaches, to continually enhance teaching and learning.
- To maintain and build upon the standards achieved in the award for QTS (Secondary) as set out by the Secretary of State.
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: The school has its own pay scale which is above that of the maintained sector and currently ranges from £23,818 per annum (FTE) for a newly qualified teacher with a good Honours degree to £34,491 (FTE) for someone with several years' experience. Two further scales are available for threshold applications.
Fee remission: A remission of 50% of fees is available for the successful applicant's children when they enrol, assuming a place is available and entry requirements are met.
Pension: You will automatically be enrolled in the Teachers' Pension Scheme unless you exercise your right to opt out of the scheme